Our client is seeking an experienced Chief Financial Officer to join their executive team to provide financial and strategic advisory services for a privately owned, large scale agriculture/dairy farming company based in the Canterbury region.
This is a unique opportunity to join a growing, ambitious business and participate in the equity value creation it is looking to achieve. The business is positioning itself for growth and is bringing on new capital partners to fund significant expansion in the region. You will drive the finance function strategically and operationally.
The role will be a highly trusted advisor to the CEO. You will be advising on strategic issues, ensuring effective day to day finances and controls are in place, and assisting the business to idenitify and consolidate new acquisitions. Core responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining all finances for the business
- Financial reporting to banks and shareholders
- Establishing core metrics for the business
- CAPEX modelling and tracking
- Forecasting, budgeting and cash management
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- A commerce background in a top-tier accounting frim/professional services business
- Past experience working with and reporting to banks and external stakeholders
- Detail orientated and comfortable being “on the tools”
- Based in, or willing to relocate to, the South Canterbury region
- Experience in agricultural accounting and financial management
If you have the skills and experience for this position, don’t miss the chance to apply. Contact Kate Brady on 03 218 1854 for a confidential discussion and/or apply online through Progressive Consulting at www.progressiveconsulting.co.nz