With rapid change and increasing competition in the transport industry, it is important that workers are protected by a strong, well-resourced union. The Rail and Maritime Transport Union is a union for transport workers doing just this and we have an exciting opening for an innovative and enthusiastic Receptionist/Administration Assistant to join our National Office team in Wellington!
Reporting to the Administration Officer, the Receptionist/Administration Assistant will provide effective support services to the General Secretary and National Office staff.
Your primary duties will be arranging travel and bookings, answering phones, maintaining the membership and filing databases, handling correspondence, taking meeting minutes, and coordinating functions, meetings and conferences.
Although administration experience would be advantageous, it is not essential. What is essential is a positive, can do attitude.
Additionally, desirable applicants will have the following experience and attributes:
- High standard of written and oral communication
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- IT skills and competence in the use of all Microsoft Office applications
- Familiarity with technology and the ability quickly learn new systems and software
- Accuracy in data entry
- A certificate or qualification in administration or a related field would be beneficial.
If you are driven to help others and looking to develop your admin skills, then this is the job for you – do not miss the chance to apply!
Contact Maggie Fea for a confidential discussion and/or apply online.