The Rail and Maritime Transport Union (RMTU) is a strong, well resourced and established union for workers in the ever changing and growing transport industry including rail, road and ports. We have high levels of membership in some of the largest businesses in the sector and provide a range of services to our members from employment advice and advocacy through to a wide range of individual welfare and benefit programmes.
An exciting opportunity has become available for a passionate Union Organiser to join our national team. This is a full time, sole charge position based in our Auckland office and is responsible for supporting and organising our Northland and Auckland Rail and Port branch members.
To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will:
- Be enthusiastic about employment advocacy and unionism.
- Be politically and socially minded.
- Possess and display a thorough understanding of industrial and employment relations matters.
- Have excellent communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Ideally have first-hand knowledge of the port and rail industries.
- Have excellent time management skills and work effectively under pressure.
- Have a strong work ethic.
- Possess a good sense of humour.
- Be flexible with hours and location of work.
This role would suit an individual who is experienced in advocacy and keen to make the move to a progressive and dynamic organisation that is the largest in it’s industry in NZ.
For the right candidate we offer a competitive remuneration package including a motor vehicle and other benefits and the opportunity to work with a great team of people!
For more information on this position please contact Jessica Harvey at Progressive Consulting on 0800 020 002. For more information on the organisation please visit www.rmtunion.org.nz